Health Benefits of Lemon – Citrus limon
Botanical Name : Citrus Lemon
Other Names : Elumicham, Jambira, Nimbu, Naranga
A very good and rich source of Citric acid, Citrate and Vitamin C. As per Siddha, it is a very good Anti-Pitha drug, a coolant, and a good carminative. Siddha Literatures also classify this herb under Kayakalpa or Kayakarpam. Regular intake makes the body healthy and rejuvenated. It also has various health benefits as discussed below.
Lemon Juice : Extract of a squeezed lemon :
- 2 teaspoons of lemon juice with warm water daily in empty stomach cures constipation.
- Lemon juice mixed with equal quantity of honey and given empty stomach to reduce body weight.
- 2 teaspoons of lemon juice with 2 pinches of Black Pepper cures Diarrhea.
- Massaging tooth and gums with lemon juice helps to stop bleeding and eases pain.
- Warm coconut oil with few drops of lemon juice can massaged well in scalp regularly for dandruff and hair fall.
Lemonade : Drink prepared from Lemon juice, water, sugar/salt/honey
- Daily intake of Lemonade helps to cure increased Pitham, cools the body detoxifies the body, purifies blood, calms the mind. Also cures cough and respiratory problems.
- Lemonade prepared with honey helps to burn fat and lose weight. It also makes our skin glow.
- Lemonade acts as a Diuretic and flushes out all the toxins in our body in adding 1 teaspoon of ginger juice and 2 pinches of jeera powder to a glass of lemonade aids digestion after a heavy meal.
- Inhibits Urinary calculi or Kidney stones as it contains highest amount of Citrate.
Make sure you include this wonder fruit in your diet daily.