A very common and general problem seen in both sex is the problem of hair fall. Normally 40-110 strands of hairs breaks per day and are replaced with new ones within few weeks or months. Sometimes certain reasons particularly ageing, hormonal changes, heriditary factors, nutritional deficiency etc may produce permanent loss of hair. Often noticed by thinning of scalp and hairfall during combing or bathing makes the person depressed and anxious and worried. It is a very sensitive subject and may also lead to sleeplessness and even extreme measures like treatment of Paranoid problems.
Usually hair fall problem is seen in Men, Women and Children.
Some common causes of Hair fall is listed below :
Tips and Home Remedies to prevent Hair Fall :
1. A healthy and Nutritious diet is the prime key for healthy and strong hair. A balanced diet containing Vitamin A, Vitamin B group, Vitamin C, Calcium, Magnesium, Iron and Zinc is very important. Plenty of water should be taken. Milk, Coconut water, Buttermilk are also good. Taking 2-5 nuts (Cashew, Almonds etc) daily is good. Avoid junk food.
2. Massaging the scalp with suitable oil enhances blood circulation, strengthens the hair follicles and provides hair growth. It is advised to massage the scalp at least twice or thrice a week with luke warm oil. Avoid excessive oil application especially when the hair is oily type.
3. Frequent shampooing and combing should be avoided. It is good to stick to a good mild cleansing shampoo for at least 6 months before switching to a new one. Use a good quality wide theethed comb especially if long hairs. Avoid combing if the hair is wet. Avoid use of hair dryers. Rinse your scalp well during bath. Always use a good conditioner after shampoo. It is best to use natural preparations for shampoo and conditioner.
4. Cut down use of hair cosmetics like styling gels, hair sprays, blow dryers, colouring and drying agents.
5. Avoid excessive exposure to sun, pollution, rain. Carry a umbrella or cover your head when ever you step out of house.
6. Applying eggwhite over scalp and hair is very good conditioner for hairs.
7. Applying juice of Dhaniya leaves or coriander is good for scalp and hairs.
8. Mehendi/Maruthani leaves paste (Lawsona inermis) can be applied all over head 1-2 hours before bath. It is a good coolant and improves hair growth.
9. Yoga, Meditation, and Quiet relaxing holidays are very helpful to prevent stress.
Siddha Science explains the chief cause of Hair fall as vitiation of Pitha Humour. Improper dietery habits and indigestion effecting absorbtion of nutrients and blood supply is the prime cause. Ranjaka pitham or pitham that gives quality and quantity to blood is affected.
Treating Hair problems through Siddha medicine is very promising and effective. Siddha Medicines helps in treating the root cause of problem and corrects the three humoural changes through Naadi Diagnosis and Physical Examinations.
1. Internal Medicines :
2. External Therapies :
1. Oils like Neelibringathi, Kumari koonthal ennai is preffered. Oil prepared from Kaisalai, Aloe, Amla, Maruthani or Lawsonia inermis, Chemparathi poo,Curry leaves, Poduthalai and gingilee oil is good.
2. Cleaning with Natural Shampoo
3. Nutrition :
Iron rich foods like beetroots, jaggery, pomegranate, grapes, apples should be included in diet. Vitamin A rich foods like Carrot is good. A healthy balanced diet containing green vegetables like spinach, protein like sprouted pulses and eggs, green peas, legumes, fruits, sesame,lean meat, oats, walnuts, buttermilk, curd, salad, fishes like salmon are boosters for healthy hair. Drinking spinach juice is good.
4. Yoga and Meditation :
Performing Meditation with Vajrasana is good for all systems of body and also for mind. It releives stress, anxiety and prevents hair loss. Sarvangasanam, Bujangasanam improves blood circulation to scalp and promotes hair growth. Pranayama like Naadi suddhi keeps the mind in peace, purifies the organs and plexes and strengthens the hair follicles.
Siddha Treatment for Puzhuvettu (Alopecia)
It is one of the common cause of hair loss in children and adults. It is characterised as oval and circumsribed patches which develops simultaneously leading to total or permanent loss of hairs. Sometimes not only scalp but hairs of eyebrows, eye lashes, beard and moustache may also fall off known as Alopecia universalis.
Clinical Features :
Thinning of hairs, widening of fore head, loss of hair in vertex region then gradually over other parts of head.
Siddha Medicines :
Siddha Treatment for Dandruff or Podugu :
Dandruff if left untreated may lead to chronic problem and further result in fungal skin diseases. Dandruff is basically 2 types- Wet and Dry type. Dry type is called Pityriasis sica. It is dry, fine, furfuraceous, white scaly like material which falls freely on shoulders while itching the scalp. Usually this type of dandruff is aggrevated during winter season.
Wet type or Pityriasis steatoides is common during puberty. Scalp is usually oily. Lesions in scalp is greasy and yellowish with thick scales or crusts. Sometimes these lesions are seen over eyebrows, beard, sternal, axillary, groin and genetalia region. Beneath the crust, the scalp is dry and red or pale. Severe itching may be present with hair loss. It may lead to seborrhoeic dermatitis.
Siddha Treatment for Podugu or Dandruff :
Hair fall is a problem generated due to both internal and external factors, so it should be treated accordingly. People should wisely choose the treatment type. Treating only by external means can bring some temporary or little effects but no marked results. Therefore it is very important to know the exact cause of hairfall complaint. It is advised to consult a doctor to get the problem properly diagnosed and treat the root cause of it.
A variety of products available in market and advertisements has created its high demand and use among public. People without knowing the exact cause of hairfall, try all these chemicals one after one and finally lose all hopes. Over and frequent use of different products causes permanent and irreversible damage to both scalp and body.
Our Mother nature has provided a treasure of herbs for treatment of each ailment without any side effects. Problems like hair fall or hair related problems seems to be very minor but in due course of time it may take away even our precious sleep and make us stressed and worried.
Siddha herbs make wonderful results…hope this article becomes an eye opener for all readers and make them confident in going with Natural remedies through Siddha Medicine which is Safe, Powerful and provides permanent relief.