Natural Home Remedies for Dark Circles
The skin around eyes are very delicate and thin and devoid of oil glands. Any condition which lead to increased blood flow can lead to appeaerance of blemishes around eyes.
Reasons for Dark Circles :
- Allergy : Food allergy or any conditions like itchy eyes or hay fever may lead to dark circles.
- Medication : Heavy medication cause blood vessels to dialate causing increased blood flow around eyes leading to darkening of skin under eyes.
- Nutritional deficiency, Anaemia etc : Lack of nutrients like Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Iron may lead to dark circles
- Pregnancy and Menstruation
- Lack of sleep : Disturbed or lack of sleep cause paleness of skin allowing blood under skin appear more visible and appear darker.
- Liver Diseases
- Age : With increased age, skin lose collagen, becoomes thinner and translucent seen as dark circles.
- Periorbital hyperpigmentation : Due to increased melanin secretion around eyes, it may occur.
Natural Remedies to treat dark Circles and prevent its occurance :
- Cut thin and ruound slices of cucumber, apply or keep over eyes for 20-30 minutes daily. Similarly the same remedy can be done with potato slices.
- Equal amount of potato and cucumber juice can be mixed and applied around eyes for 20 minutes. Wash off with cold water.
- Drink about 8-10 glasses of water daily.
- Include green vegetables, fruits and foods rich in Iron, Vitamin C and Vitamin E.
- Apply fresh tomato juice over eyes for 15-20 minutes daily.
- Sleep well for 7 to 8 hours daily.
- Yoga & Exercise done to keep mind and body sound. Daily exercise along with deep breathing exercise helps to keep good blood circulation, oxygenation, and avoids stress.
- Apply 2-4 drops of almond oil under eyes before going to bed daily.
- Too much of massage around eyes is not helpful.
- Washing eyes frequenly with cold water relieves stress and fatigue from eyes.
- Cotton balls dipped in rose water can be applied around eyes to treat dark circles.