Salads are naturally good in taste with fresh raw veggies and fruits packed with significant health benefits
Six Amazing Health benefits of Salads
- Helps to lose weight High in fiber so it helps to prevent constipation. Make one more fuller and eat less and helps to lose weight . Fiber also helps to reduce the bad cholesterol.
- Improves digestion High Fiber content boost digestion and help the intestines function efficiently.
- Lower the risk of Cancer According to recent study done by National Cancer , diet rich in fruits ad vegetables prevent Cancer of head and neck. The list of protective food includes peas, beans, peaches, pears, plums, carrots, tomatoes, apples peppers and strawberries etc
- Good for Heart High in Vitamins like folate lowers the stroke and Cardiovascular disease. Also soluble fibers reduces level of LDL or bad cholesterol.
- Improve Immunity Vitamins and protein and powerful antioxidants present in it helps in strenghthening immune system.
- Anti Aging Anti aging healthy nutrients of vegetables helps to boost the blood values of antioxidants like Vitamin C, E, Follic acid, Lycopene & Alpha and Beta carotene which helps to prevent premature aging and wrinkling.
Best Time for Salad The best time to consume Salad is before meals because it will make one less hungry so prevents overeating.
Salad Mistakes Avoid the bottled salad dressings available in market. These are loaded with sugar, saturated fats, high fructose corn syrup, sodium etc. It is extremely bad for heart, blood sugar. It also increases bad cholesterol and harmful for overall health.
Use natural salad dressings like yogurt, lemon, olive oil, grated coconut etc .
Health Tip Include sprouts to your daily salad. Sprouts are rich in Vitamin C, Vitamin A, Vitamin K, Iron and Zinc. It is also good for hair growth . Rich in Selenium it also prevents Dandruff.