Plant name : Thumbai
“Though very common but too precious”
Botanical name : Leucas aspera
Family : Labiatae
Actions : Expectorant, Stimulant, Laxative, Anthelmintic.
Siddha Medicinal Uses:
- The samoolam of this plant is crushed and boiled with water, the steam is used for inhalation in conditions like nasal congestion, cough, cold, fever, headache etc.
- For unconsiousness due to the toxicity of snake bite, the juice of leaves is used as nasal drops. Also the leaves are given internally for best results.
- For sinusitis, the flower juice is used for nasiyam.
- For continuous headache, juice of flower is used for nasiyam.
- For muppini, the flowers are soaked in breast milk and then applied over eyes.
- The oil prepared by using the flowers are effective in headache, sinusitis etc.
- For intestinal worms in children,the juice of flowers and leaves are given internally or a decoction is prepared of it.
- For scorpion bite, the constant rubbing of leaves over effected area can provide relief.
Note: Siddha treatment is based on complete physical examination of the patient, Naadi diagnosis, and other diagnostic criteria of the disease. The content given in this article is purely meant for information and education purpose only. Kindly consult a Siddha physician before any sort of self medication.
I have sinus problem n my noes are block n pain headeach n mucus over inside so Can u suggest me should I take leaf juice or flower juice n should I drop in nose or should I take drink