Enriched with various nutrients, Guava is very healthy with numerous health benefits. Take a look…
- Guavas are beneficial in regulating blood pressure. It is said that one guava contains almost a similar amount of potassium that’s present in bananas. Potassium reverses the effects of sodium, thereby regulating the balance of blood pressure. Also, it reduces cholesterol levels in the blood by preventing it from thickening.
- Individuals suffering from constipation problems, too, can benefit form the high fibre content.
- Consumption of guavas helps slow down the absorption of sugar in the blood. It is rich in fibre and is helpful for diabetic individuals. Also, studies have shown that a diet that is high in fibre (5.4 gm per 100 gm of fruit) is linked to a lower risk of developing Type 2 diabetes.
- Guavas contain four times more Vitamin C than oranges. Vitamin C contains antioxidant properties that protect cells from the damage of free radicals and is useful in lowering the risk of cancer.
- Even though guavas don’t contain iodine, they are still beneficial in promoting healthy thyroid function, because it contains copper, which aids the production and absorption of hormones.
- Guavas are a good source of manganese that acts as an enzyme activator utilising nutrients like thiamine, biotin and ascorbic acid.
- If you want to optimise your brian function, turn to this fruit. Guavas are rich in the B group of vitamins. Niacin, better known as Vitamin B3, promotes blood circulation, thereby stimulating brain function. Vitamin B6, that is pyridoxine, helps in brain and nerve function.
- Women with fertility problems can eat guavas as they contain a good amounts of folate, which contain fertility-promoting properties.
- Eye problems can be kept at bay as guavas contain an abundance of Vitamin A that helps in improving vision.
- Guava is good for the skin, too. Because of its Vitamin E content, astringent properties and antioxidants, the skin is nourished. Skin ailments like scurvy can be dealt with due to the high Vitamin C content in guavas.
- Pink guavas are said to contain twice the amount of lycopene present in tomatoes. Lycopene protects the skin from being damaged by UV rays and also works against prostate cancer.
- Even the leaves of guava have medicinal properties. The juice of the leaves is said to provide relief from cold and cough by reducing the formation of mucus, disinfecting the respiratory tract and preventing bacterial activity in the throat due to its astringent properties.
Source : The Times Of India