Jeera or Cumin seeds is regarded as one the important Siddha drugs which our Health Benefits of Jeera water – Cumin seeds and Ancestors gifted us years and years back. Today Jeera is used in each and every home as a kitchen ingredient in various Indian dishes. Apart from using it in our foods, very less people know about the real health benefits of this wonder drug. In Kerala, Traditionally Jeera water was prepared and consumed daily in every home. With the advancement in life style and technology, we have started adopting modern way of life living behind the traditional foot prints.
Giving respect to our traditional views and herbal medicines, we are sharing important herbal benefits of Jeera (Cumin seeds) water. Hope our readers will enjoy reading it..
As regular and daily drink : 1 teaspoon of Cumin seeds can be boiled with 2 to 3 liters of water, then kept covered. It can be taken instead of normal water daily. A very good immune enhancer with various health benefits.
- Improves digestion. Daily intake prevents flatulence indigestion, nausea and morning sickness.
- Fights cough, cold and skin ailments.
- Rich in Antioxidants, helps to fight cancer.
- Lowers excessive body heat or Pitham and effective in curing burning sensation of palm and sole.
- Rich in Iron content, so very beneficial for pregnant and lactating ladies.
- As a Traditional remedy, a glass of Jeera water with ripe banana at bedtime is good to induce sleep.
- People suffering from Hypertension and related problems should consume Jeera water regularly.
- Maintains equilibrium between Vatham, Pitham and Kapham in the body.