Health is currently the hottest topic in the market and food for thought around the globe. Though living with various lifestyles and nature, still one is in search of health remedies and tips to make their life more perfect and keep their family healthy in every aspect. Let it be Google or a local health magazine, people are interested in surfing maximum information on health topic and issues.
Although there is no guarantee for a healthy and happy life yet if we follow these 10 Simple tips, we can improve the quality of our lives and keep our family healthy and happy always.
- Keep yourself hydrated always : Our body is made up of 70% of water. Water helps to regulate our body temperature, protects our joints and organs and helps in Oxygen transport. One should drink 8-10 glasses of water daily. Drinking warm water before each meal helps to prevent overeating and obesity. It also regulates the appetite. Drinking a glass of warm water just after waking up keeps the systems normal and flushes out toxins from the body.
- Decide your menu. Eat Right : One should be choosy in selecting right food in the menu. Food rich in Vitamin C, Vitamin E, High fiber, Minerals like Iron and Calcium is perfect to stay healthy. Include vegetables, fortified cereals, sprouts, legumes, low fat dairy, fatty fishes, lean meat, nuts, pulses and fruits in your food menu to make it a balanced diet. Have three meals daily to keep yourself nourished whole day. Never starve yourself to overeat at meal time. It may lead to abnormal metabolic activities and overburden the digestive system. Eat food slowly, chew it properly to get maximum benefits and proper digestion.
- Love Organic. Cut Junk food : Give more priorities to food which is grown rather than foods that are born. Vegetables, grains, nuts, legumes, sprouts, fruits and pulses should be given more priority in food chart as these foods can be consumed by all in every climates and places without any ill effects as they are easily digested and assimilated by the body. Processed, artificially sweetened, colored and flavored foods must be avoided as these are difficult for the body to assimilate. Unhealthy snacking like French fries, pizzas, junk food made of white flour (maida) should be avoided as these foods make us prone to health issues like Diabetes, obesity etc. Try snacking a piece of fruit or handful of nuts. This will curb appetite and add extra energy.
- Eat breakfast everyday : A healthy breakfast containing whole grain, high fiber, vegetables, low fat dairy and sprouts and nuts are excellent to keep one active throughout the day with good concentration and mental alertness. Have a heavy breakfast, moderate lunch and light dinner to remain a well nourished.
- Sleep 8-10 hours daily : Never compromise with your sleep. Sleeping provides rest to the body, prevents sleep disorders, keeps the mind and body fresh, active and at its best the next morning. Always sleep in a dark, noise free room. Maintain a sleep routine. Avoid day sleep.
- Keep moving : Daily exercise of 20 minutes or brisk walking 15 minutes twice a day is important to boost energy, reduce body pain and ageing of the body. It is best way to nourish all the vital organs of the body.
- Maintain a good oral hygiene : poor oral hygiene is said to be a precursor of many ailments. Researchers believe that the bacteria causing dental plaque enter blood stream and blocks blood vessel causing heart diseases. Recently links have been found between oral bacteria and stroke, diabetes and birth of pre- term/low weight babies. Brushing the teeth and flossing, exercise, quitting smoking can add years to your life.
- Keep Stress through Meditation and Prayers : Maintain a stress free life by prioritizing things in life. Something which makes one stress should be not be given priority or importance in life. Having a good peace of mind is very necessary to keep stress at bay. Yoga, Meditation, Prayers should be a part of life always. Give time to near and dear ones. Always take dinner with family to maintain emotional harmony. Never find any harmful means to combat stress like smoking or drinking. Feel the nature and love it, love yourself.
- Bath daily in morning : Shower early morning will make one active and fresh. It will keep away foul odour and infections, regulate hunger, build immunity. It is also good to have a body shower in evening to overcome the work tiredness and it gives good sleep at night.
- Avoid health supplements : Taking Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Selenium, Beta Carotene etc in foods are excellent way to reduce ageing and cognitive decline. But people instead of focusing on their meals, run after Vitamin and Mineral pills like Calcium tablets or Vitamin supplements. Unfortunately no evidence of taking pills provide anti ageing or any health benefits has been proved so far.
Go ahead. Make this life fruitful in every away and the first step to that must be perfect health. Healthy body and a peaceful mind is the best treasure. Its never too late. Begin today.