Plant name : Mokkirattai
“It is beleived that this plant can bring rebirth in a deadly diseased condition”
Botanical name : Boerhavia diffusa
Family : Nyctaginaceae
Actions : Anti-inflammatory, Diuretic, Laxative, Hepato-protective, Anthelmintic, Expectorant.
Siddha Medcinal Uses :
- For UTI and Dysuria, the samoolam of this plant is crushed and decoction is prepared. 20 to 30 ml of this decoction is administered daily twice before food.
- For swellings and inflammations, the root of this plant is ground with gruel water or kaadi and applied over the affected area.
- The paste of samoolam of this plant is administered in the dose of 3 to 6 grams twice daily for inflammation, toxicity etc.
- The leaves are cooked and taken daily as curry, thuvayal or chutney etc. This is very good remedy to avoid constipation and it also gives shine to the body.
- The decoction prepared by using the roots is very good remedy for arthritis, bronchial asthma, jaundice, ascitis.
- Regular administration of root powder has proved significant results in spermatorrhoea and leucorrhoea. It is also a good Hepato-tonic and Diuretic.
Note: Siddha treatment is based on complete physical examination of the patient, Naadi diagnosis, and other diagnostic criteria of the disease. The content given in this article is purely meant for information and education purpose only. Kindly consult a Siddha physician before any sort of self medication.