Coriander is one of the most common ingredient of Indian Kitchen. It has many health benefits. It is known for building the stomach and promoting digestion. Adding one or two teaspoons of coriander juice to fresh buttermilk is ideal for treating nausea and dysentery. Dry coriander treats diarrhoea.
- It is also beneficial for women especially those suffering from a heavy menstrual flow. Six grams of coriander seeds should be boiled in 500 ml water and after adding sugar, it can be consumed while warm.
- For those with arthritis problems, coriander has many anti-inflammatory properties. Boil ground coriander seeds with water and drink the concoction.
- Coriander is known to lower blood sugar by stimulating the secretion of insulin.
- It has also been called as an ‘anti-diabetic’ plant.
- It helps the heart by lowering bad cholesterol and raising good cholesterol.
- The juice of this herb mixed with turmeric powder can help treat pimples and blackheads.