Plant name : Panikoorkka
“A simple and best remedy for fever”
Botanical name : Coleus aromaticus
Family : Lamiacea
Actions : Anti-pyretic, Expectorant, Anti-vatha, and Carminative.
Siddha medicinal uses :
- Leaf juice is administered in dose of 1-2 teaspoon in children and 1-2 table spoon in adults for fever.
- The extract of leaf or leaf is crushed and boiled in water and the steam is inhalled for nasal congestion.
- For bronchial asthma and cough decoction of leaves is given in dose of 5-10 ml in children and 20-30 ml in adult.
- Decoction of the leaves is given for arthritis and disorder of stomach like flatulance.
- Panikoorkka is an excellent medicine for all pediatric ailments.
Note: Siddha treatment is based on complete physical examination of the patient, Naadi diagnosis, and other diagnostic criteria of the disease. The content given in this article is purely meant for information and education purpose only. Kindly consult a Siddha physician before any sort of self medication.