Natural tips to prevent Acne
Effective tips to get rid of Acne
Acne and pimples are clear sign that the body is not in normal balance and is removing toxic and excess oil produced in the sebaceous glands. Overproduction of oil on the surface of the skin causes dead skin cells to clump, and form acne or a pimple. A glowing, flawless skin is on the wish list of most of us, but then comes the problem of acne or pimples, which can be very stressing.
The reasons could be many starting from hormonal changes, to lifestyle changes and stress. And if you think that acne outbreaks happens on your skin because your skin is not clean, you have been believing one of the most popular myths. In fact over cleansing of your skin can also irritate your skin and give rise to pimples. Personal hygiene is important but over cleansing your face is unhealthy.
We share with you some of the most effective tips to get rid of acne and get back your glowing, healthy skin
- Start from inside : Instead of gulping an ounce of coffee/tea in the morning, stick to a habit of drinking the warm water just after waking up. It helps with the detoxification process as it gets rid of the toxins thereby purifying your skin. You will also notice when you increase your water intake, your skin will become more radiant. Drink at least 10-12 glasses of water to see the best effects.
- Avoid foods with High Glycemic Index : Stay away from starchy corn syrup, sugar, white flour (maida), refined grains, sauces, ketchup’s, sodas, sports drinks, juices, processed meats with hidden sugars, etc. Normalise your blood sugar levels with a natural diet of fresh and real foods such as seasonal fruits and vegetables, nuts and seeds, whole grains, legumes and healthy fats from natural sources.Research has shown that a low glycemic diet can wipe off acne completely. People who have low glycemic diet have lower levels of androgens in their blood. A natural, traditional diet will clean your system and rebuilt, clearing your skin in the process.
- Exercise : Along with healthy food, you also need to exercise regularly. Regular physical activity will lower stress hormones. So this will reduce the oil-production. Sweating after any kind of physical activity will clean your skin but make sure that you maintain a good personal hygiene too. Otherwise acne breakout may happen also on your chest, shoulders, and back.
- Keep your scalp clean : Not only body, but also your scalp should be kept very clean. Using mild shampoo will limit oil production in the scalp, so that your hair does not get greasy. If you do not wash your hair often the oil and dirt from your scalp will seep onto your face resulting in an outbreak of acne especially in fore head. Using herbal powders for cleaning is also recommended to clean the scalp once a week at least.
- Good night sleep with right skin routine : Another thing that is important when it comes to your skin is getting adequate amount of sleep. Also clean your face well, always remove make up, moisturize your skin and you are all set to switch off.Try to go to bed at a consistent time every night. You need to seven to nine hours of sleep. Sleep will relax your body and will make your skin look young by renewing the skin cells.
- Eight right : Research shows dietary zinc has natural anti-inflammatory properties, and inhibits acne-causing bacteria. Include zinc-rich foods in your diet like kidney beans, oysters, pulses and pumpkin seeds. Reduce intake of milk as sometimes the growth hormones in milk causes facial outbreaks too. Try to stay away from highly processed that contains a lot of oil. Try to stick to healthy options such as whole grains, fruits, vegetables, and protein. The healthy and nutritious food will help your skin to regenerate better. And when the unnecessary oil production will stop, your skin will be pimple-free.
- Avoid over cleansing of face : Use a pH balanced cleanser to wash your face twice daily before going to bed and after getting up in the morning. The pH balanced cleanser of 5.5 will reduce your acne significantly. You can also use oil cleansing method to cleanse your face using olive oil, almond oil, coconut oil, castor oil etc.