Siddha Medicine & Health News
Herbal Remedies for Sore Throat or Itchy Throat
- Honey is a very good natural and effective remedy for painful and sore throats especially during winter and monsoon. About 1/2 teaspoon of pepper powder mixed with honey is also helpful in itchy throat. Tulsi juice (5 to 10 drops) with honey also works well.
- Hot Ginger tea with few leaves of tulsi in it is very soothing for raw and infected throat.
- Chewing a throat lozenge like Athimathuram (Liqorice) or Arathai (Alpinia galanga) helps to reduce the constant itchiness that causes painful cough and irritation.
- Gargling with salty hot water every night before going to sleep makes best results.
- Always have hot or warm drinks and food. Avoid curd, cold bevarages and ice- creams during cough, cold and sore throat.
- Having hot milk with 2 pinch of turmeric powder helps in curing throat infection and itching.
- Thaleesathichoornam, Trikadugu Choornam or Amukkura choornam with honey, Tippili Rasayanam, Adathodai kudineer, Kastoori mathirai are some Siddha medicines to cure sore throat and chronic cough.