Plant name : Karivempu
“The leaves of this medicinal plant enhances digestion. Also add taste and aroma in curries”.
Botanical name : Murraya koenigii
Family : Rutaceae
Actions : Stomachic, Tonic, Anti-dysenteric, Carminative.
Siddha Medicinal Uses :
- The decoction prepared from the leaves, bark and roots can be given for dysentry, diarrhoea, bascillary dysentry, loss of apetite etc.
- The leaves of this plant can be ground well and mixed with egg of a hen, should be taken raw or after cooking in the conditions like diarrhoea, dysentry etc.
- In the case of Ovvamai or allergy, the leaves along with turmeric shoukd be ground well and taken regularly for one month.
- The dried leaves can be powdered and taken in the dose of 1/2 to 1 gram twice a day with hot water or milk. This medicine acts as a tonic and very beneficial for chronic Anaemic patients.
- The regular use of the leaves in the dishes, curries and chutneys not only provides taste and aroma to the food but also enhances digestion and apetite.
Note : Siddha treatment is based on complete physical examination of the patient, Naadi diagnosis, and other diagnostic criteria of the disease. The content given in this article is purely meant for information and education purpose only. Kindly consult a Siddha physician before any sort of self medication.