Plant name : Sandanam
“A strong coolant, Sacred & Aromatic Medicinal Tree”.
Botanical name : Santalum album
Family : Santalaceae
Actions : Coolant, Diuretic, Diaphoretic, Disinfectant.
Siddha Medicinal Uses :
- Decoction prepared with powdered Sandanam is helpful can be given for Indigestion, Fever, Palpitation etc.
- The conditions like profuse bleeding like in the case of Bleeding Piles 2 to 5 grams of Sandanam ground and mixed well with 200 ml of butter milk and given 2 to 3 times a day internally.
- For burning micturation Oligurea, Heamaturea, Pyuria, White variety of Sandanam is ground well and given along with milk 2 to 3 times a day for 5 to 6 days.
- 5 to 10 drops of Sandana thylam can be given for Leucorrhoea.
- In Psychological dissorders where thre is excessive rise of Internal heat in the body, Sandanathi thylam is recomended as bath oil.
Note : Siddha treatment is based on complete physical examination of the patient, Naadi diagnosis, and other diagnostic criteria of the disease. The content given in this article is purely meant for information and education purpose only. Kindly consult a Siddha physician before any sort of self medication.