Natural Health Remedies
Amla – Health Benefits of Indian Gooseberry
Health Benefits of Indian Gooseberry (Phyllanthus emblica)
(Other names – Amla, Nellikkai, Amalaki, Dhatriphala )
- Drinking fresh fruit juice daily helps to cure increased body heat, burning sensation of body, gastritis & digestive problems.
- 20 ml of Amla juice daily with meals is an excellent liver tonic.
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon of dry fruit powder twice daily purifies blood. Cures Hyperacidity, wounds & ulcers.
- Daily intake of the fruit reduces Cholesterol, improves Haemoglobin, enhances immunity & acts as a powerful Antioxidant.
- 20 ml of fruit juice with honey early morning improves eyesight.
- 20 ml of Amla juice with 20 ml of Bitter gaurd juice daily helps to manage glucose level in Diabetics.
- Massaging scalp with oil prepared with the dried fruit acts as a hair tonic & induce good sleep.
- Siddha Medicines prepared with Nellikkai like Triphala chooranam, Nellikkai leghyam, Nellikkai thylam etc has excellent results in curing various Pitha ailments.