Plant name : Vetchi or Thechi
“This plant is sacred as well as Medicinal. Used in treatment of Diarrhoea and Leucorrhoea.”
Botanical name : Ixora coccinea
Family : Rubiaceae
Actions : Astringent, Anti-diarrhoeal, Anti-leucorrhoeic, Blood-purifier.
Siddha Medicinal Uses :
- The roots of this medicinal plant is ground well with peper seeds and then given along with butter milk or water twice a day in the dose 60 ml to 100 ml for 3 – 4 days in the conditions like diarrhoea, dysentry etc.
- Root bark along with Piper longum is ground well and given in the dose of 1 – 5 grams twice daily in the conditions like diarrhoea, fever, megha diseases etc.
- The flowers are ground well and along with coconut oil it is boiled and prepared as medicinal oil. This oil is helpful in conditions like scabies, eczema, pruritis and other skin infections.
- The flowers are ground well and given along with butter milk for leucorrhoea.
- The decoction prepared from the flowers is helpful in conditions like fever.
Note: Siddha treatment is based on complete physical examination of the patient, Naadi diagnosis, and other diagnostic criteria of the disease. The content given in this article is purely meant for information and education purpose only. Kindly consult a Siddha physician before any sort of self medication.