Botanical Name : Beta vulgaris
It is normally cooked, sliced or grated for salad or taken as juice. It contains Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin B6 Viamin B1, Ribofalvin, Niacin, Beta Carotene, Folic Acid, Iron, Carbohydrates, Protein, Nitrates, Copper, Phosphorus, soluble fiber etc. Eat this regularly and enjoy the following Health Benefits :
- Improves Memory : According to recent research and study, nitrates present in Beet root may increase cerebral blood flow, improve performance in parts of brain associated with higher functions like memory. Beet root also prevents dementia and Alzheimers.
- Prevents Amaemia : As rich in Iron and Vitamin C, taking beet root regularly prevents Iron deficiency Anaemia.
- Detoxifies body : Rich in fiber and bioactive compounds like Betaine, beet root helps in detoxification of body. It also keeps liver healthy and prevent tumours.
- Effective for wound healing : Daily consumption of nitrate rich foods like beet root is effective for healing wounds.
- Lowers Cholesterol and B.P : Nitrates in Beetroot helps to decrease blood pressure and fight heart diseases. Beet fibers increases good cholesterol or HDL and lowers total Cholesterol and triglyceride.
- Fat Free and Energy giving : It may benefit people who are working out to reduce weight. If included in diet of such people it may give a very good result as it is energy giving food enriched with proteins and vital nutrients but no fat.
- Prevents Skin Ageing and Cell damage : Rich in antioxidants so consuming beet root regularly removes free radicals, hence prevent skin ageing and cell damage. Bioactive compounds Betacyanin and Betaine in Beet root fights Cancer and skin tumours.
- Improves immunity : Bundled with various nutrients like Vitamin C, Vit A, Vit B1, Vit B6, Vit B3 etc, Beet root helps increase stamina and enhance immunity.
- Prevents Constipation and Imroves Digestion : Rich in dietery fiber beetroot prevents constipation and piles. It also improves digestion.
- Excellent food for pregnancy as it contains natural foilc acid : Folic acid is very important for development of brain and spinal cord of the foetus during first 3 months of pregnancy. If beet root is consumed regularly during pregnancy, birth defects like neural defect,spinal cord defects etc can be prevented.
“When ever possible dress your meals with this humble and super food. Take care & Stay fit”