Plant name : Arugampul
“This herb is holistic as per Hindu mythology as well as highly medicinal”
Botanical name : Cynodon dactylon
Family : Gramineae
Actions : Astringent, Diuretic, Styptic, Anti-diarrhoeal.
Siddha Medicinal Uses :
- The juice of this grass is applied over eyes for eye diseases.
- For epistaxis, the juice of this grass is applied as nasal drops.
- The juice of samoolam is applied externally over the swellings which tend to bleed. Hence the bleeding stops when applied.
- The grass along with manjal or turmeric is ground and applied over skin diseases like scabies, fungal infections etc
- For bleeding piles this grass is ground and boiled with milk and consumed.
- The juice of the samoolam if consumed regularly provides strength to the nervous system. This medicine is also good for psychiatric diseases like unmatham (hyperactivity disorder), fitz.
- The decoction prepared from one fistfull of this grass, half parts of vettilai or betel leaves and 1/4 parts pepper is an excellent blood purifier.
Note: Siddha treatment is based on complete physical examination of the patient, Naadi diagnosis, and other diagnostic criteria of the disease. The content given in this article is purely meant for information and education purpose only. Kindly consult a Siddha physician before any sort of self medication.