Plant name : Avuri or Neelamari
“It is the best Siddha medicine for all toxicities”
Botanical name : Indigofera tinctoria
Family : Fabaceae
Actions : Hepato-protective, Anti-periodic, Stimulant, Antidote.
Siddha Medicinal Uses :
- The leaves are dried in shade, powdered and given in dose of 1 to 5 grams for three times a day for any type of toxicity (herbal,metal or poison of any living creature), fever due to derranged vatham, kamalai (jaundice), mantham (indigestion) etc.
- The root is crushed and prepared into decoction, and given for gunmam (abdominal disorders), vellai(leucorrhoea), all types of toxicities etc.
- The leaves are crushed, prepared into decoction and given for toxicities,fever,arthritis etc.
- The leaf juice is given in the dose of 10-20ml along with honey twice daily for jaundice, inflammation of liver etc.
- For poisonous bites the samoolam or the whole plant is ground and applied as a paste over the bitten area. Also the leaf juice is given internally to the patient.
Note: Siddha treatment is based on complete physical examination of the patient, Naadi diagnosis, and other diagnostic criteria of the disease. The content given in this article is purely meant for information and education purpose only. Kindly consult a Siddha physician before any sort of self medication.