Plant name : Yaanaichhuvadi
“This plant looks like stamp foot of an elephant”.
It is highly medicinal.
Botanical name : Elephantopus scaber
Family : Compositae
Actions : Astringent, Diuretic, Antidote, Cardiac-tonic.
Siddha Medicinal Uses :
- For any poisonous bites the samoolam of this plant is ground and applied over the site of bite. This is a very effective Siddha therapy.
- The leaves of this plant is used as a thaali for hair in case of hairfall.
- The leaves are ground well and made into a paste and applied over ulcers and eczema as an external application.
- The roots are crushed and prepared as a decoction and given for heart diseases, liver diseases and even arthritis also.
- The samoolam of this plant is crushed well and prepared as a decoction 20-30 ml of this decoction is given twice a day. This is a very effective diuretic, controls high fever conditions and also help full in elimination of gall bladder stones.
- The decoction of samoolam of this plant is very effective in curing peptic ulcer or any pain or disorder in stomach or abdomen otherwise called Gunmam as per Siddha.
Note: Siddha treatment is based on complete physical examination of the patient, Naadi diagnosis, and other diagnostic criteria of the disease. The content given in this article is purely meant for information and education purpose only. Kindly consult a Siddha physician before any sort of self medication.