Plant name : Naththaichuri
“The seeds of this plant cure diarrhoea and roots acts as a tonic to the body”
Botanical name : Spermacoce hispida
Family : Rubiaceae
Actions : Demulcent, Alterative, Tonic, Astringent.
Siddha Medicinal Uses :
- The choornam of the samoolam of this plant is helpful in reducing the over weight or obesity.
- The leghyam prepared from this seeds is given twice daily for bloody diarrhoea.
- The roots are dried and powdered and given along with cows milk daily twice for conditions like urinary infections, oligurea, etc.
- The choornam of the roots is taken daily for reducing the internal heat, venereal diseases etc.
- A decoction of the samoolam is helpful in treating head ache.
- Recently it is found that this herb contains Calcium and Phosphorus in abundance hence adiministration of this drug in form of chooranam or kudineer (decoction) is recommended in conditions like bone diseases, fractures etc.
Note: Siddha treatment is based on complete physical examination of the patient, Naadi diagnosis, and other diagnostic criteria of the disease. The content given in this article is purely meant for information and education purpose only. Kindly consult a Siddha physician before any sort of self medication.