Health and Diet always go hand in hand. Eating healthy food can protect your eyes and ward off vision problems. These foods can delay ageing, prevent macular degeneration and help to restore vision. Foods rich in Betacarotene, Antioxidants, Vitamin E, Vitamin C and Omega 3 fatty acids are considered to be eye protectors. Here is a list of few foods which can help you decide ‘Whats good for your Eyes’. Check them out..
- Carrot : Rich in Betacarotene and Vitamin A, this food help the retina and other parts of the eye to function smoothly.
- Greens : Green veggies like Spinach are packed with Leutin and Zeaxanthins – Antioxidants that lowers the risk of developing macular degeneration.
- Eggs : Egg yolk are prime source of Antioxidants and Zinc which prevents age related macular degeneration and restores vision.
- Citrus and Berries : Power house of Vitamin C, citrus like oranges and berries including gooseberry, strawberry, cranberries, mulberries, blue berries etc are very good to lower the risk of developing cataract and macular degeneration.
- Almonds : Rich in Vitamin E, a handful of Almonds can provide half of your daily dose of vitamin E. Regular intake slows down macular degeneration process.
- Fatty fish : Fatty fishes like Tuna and Salmons are rich in DHA – a fatty acid found in retina. Low levels of this acid is linked to “dry eye syndrome”.
Along with these Super foods drink enough water as it will prevent the eyes from getting dehydrated. Though experts recommend these foods for better eye sight and eye health, if you have any other health issues contact your physician and get advice on diet regimen for healthy eyes. Never take your eyes for granted. One in five suffer from eye problems. If some changes in our lifestyle and diet can help us to keep such issues at bay then why to think. Begin Today.
Keep Healthy and Stay Fit!