Plant name : Ilai kalli
“The leaves of this plant resemble ear of rabbit. It is very effective for ear diseases”
Botanical name : Euphorbia ligularia
Family : Euphorbiaceae
Actions : Expectorant, Purgative, Rubefacient, Germicide, Diuretic.
Siddha Medicinal Uses :
- The leaf juice is heated and applied as ear drops for pricking pain in ears and tympanitis etc.
- The leaf juice along with salt is heated and given for pertusis, dropsy, jaundice and abdominal disorders etc.
- The leaf juice is heated along with ghee and internally given for megha diseases, fever, spleenomegaly etc.
- The leaf juice is heated along with neem oil and given for Vatha diseases.
- The leaves are heated and applied externally over the lower abdomen in case of urinary obstruction, It promotes free flow of urine.
- The latex is boiled along with gingelly oil to proper patham or state and used for Vatha diseases.
- The latex is externally applied over warts, unhealthy ulcers, ear ache, tympanitis, swellings etc.
- The root of this plant along with onion is ground well and applied over the abdomen of small children, this is helpful in the expulsion of Intestinal worms.
Note: Siddha treatment is based on complete physical examination of the patient, Naadi diagnosis, and other diagnostic criteria of the disease. The content given in this article is purely meant for information and education purpose only. Kindly consult a Siddha physician before any sort of self medication.