Plant name : Nandiyavattom
“The best herb for all eye diseases as well as a rejuvenator for eyes”
Botanical name : Tabernaemontana divaricata
Family : Apocynaceae
Actions : Anthelmintic, Anti-inflammatory, Anodyne, Diuretic.
Siddha Medicinal Uses :
- The milky juice of the leaves has anti-inflamatory action, so it is applied over the wounds.
- The juice of the flowers can be applied over eyes as eye drops for eye diseases.
- The flower juice can be mixed with oil and used as eye drops.
- The flower juice mixed with oil can be applied over skin diseases.
- Decoction of the leaves is an anti-hypertensive and diuretic.
- The milky juice of the leaves along with oil is applied over the forehead for pain present in the eyes.
- The roots is an anodyne hence used to relieve toothache.
- The roots are ground along with water and given internally for intestinal worms.
Note: Siddha treatment is based on complete physical examination of the patient, Naadi diagnosis, and other diagnostic criteria of the disease. The content given in this article is purely meant for information and education purpose only. Kindly consult a Siddha physician before any sort of self medication.