Plant name : Mukkutty
“The best Siddha home remedy for diarrhoea and fever”
Botanical name : Biophytum sensitivum
Family : Oxalidaceae
Actions : Astringent, Diuretic, Antiseptic, Anti-pyretic.
Siddha Medicinal Uses :
- The leaves are ground and given along with butter milk for diarrhoea.
- The seeds ground with water and applied over wound and ulcer.
- The samoolam of this plant or whole plant is ground, mixed with honey and given for cough, chest congestion etc.
- After delivery, the leaves of this plant along with jaggery is cooked and given to the delivered ladies to expell the lochia and remains from the uterus.
- The paste of the leaves is applied over burns and contusions.
Note: Siddha treatment is based on complete physical examination of the patient, Naadi diagnosis, and other diagnostic criteria of the disease. The content given in this article is purely meant for information and education purpose only. Kindly consult a Siddha physician before any sort of self medication.