Plant name : Koyya
“A Medicinally important and commonly available Tree all over the country”.
Botanical name : Psidium guajava
Family : Myrtaceae
Actions : Astringent, Tonic, Laxative.
Siddha Medicinal Uses :
- The decoction of the leaves can be given in Diarrhoea, Cholera etc.
- For toothache the leaves can be chewed and this paste can be kept in contact with the teeth for some time.
- The bark or roots (1 palam) can be prepared as decoction and given for Cholera, Vomiting etc.
- The above mentioned kudineer or decoction can also be given for rectal prolapse in children, and used externally for chronic ulcers and aphthous ulcers.
- The fruit is nutritious as well as a good Laxative.
Note : Siddha treatment is based on complete physical examination of the patient, Naadi diagnosis, and other diagnostic criteria of the disease. The content given in this article is purely meant for information and education purpose only. Kindly consult a Siddha physician before any sort of self medication.