Plant name : Koduveli
“It is a key ingredient in Siddha to cure piles, cancer of various organs”
Botanical name : Plumbago zeylanica
Family : Plumbaginaceae
Actions : Digestive, Tonic, Stomachic, Diaphoretic, Caustic.
Siddha Medicinal Uses :
- Koduveli ennai is used as an effective Siddha remedy for painful conditions like arthritis, headache, oesteoarthritis etc.
- A paste of Koduveli roots and gingelly oil is used as an external application for external piles, cervical lymphadinitis, and inguinal lymphadinitis.
- A Siddha preparation called Koduveli thylam is helpful external remedy in skin infections like scabies, carbuncles, ulcers, swellings and arthritis.
- Chitramoola gulikai or pills, Siddha preparation is helpful in curing chronic ulcers, genital cancer, carbuncles, tumours, piles and fistula.
- For Leprosy, the dried root powder paste is externally applied.
Note: Siddha treatment is based on complete physical examination of the patient, Naadi diagnosis, and other diagnostic criteria of the disease. The content given in this article is purely meant for information and education purpose only. Kindly consult a Siddha physician before any sort of self medication.