Plant name : Sittramutti
“This medicinal plant is very effective against all arthritic pains and fever”
Botanical name : Sida acuta
Family : Malvaceae
Actions : Anti-rheumatic, Cardiac tonic, Febrifuge.
Siddha Medicinal Uses :
- The decoction prepared by root or samoolam is given in the dose of 30 to 60 ml twice a day daily for all vatham or arthritis, piles etc.
- The samoolam of this plant along with samoolam of notchi, garlic, chukku, thippili, seethil, milagu are taken and prepared as decoction for vatha suram, vatham and Ama vatham.
- The decoction of the plant is advised in the second trimester of pregnancy as a preventive measure for complaints like joint pain, indigestion, arthritis etc.
- The oil prepared from the paste of samoolam of this plant and gingelly oil is very effective external application for all painful conditions like arthritis.
- This plant is one of the main ingredient in the preparation of effective Siddha medicines like kayathirumeni thylam etc.
- The leaves and roots are used in kizhi or fomentation in arthritic ailments.
- The decoction prepared by the roots are effective in curing athisuram. Injhi or ginger can be used along with kurunthotti and prepared as decoction and given for fever.
Note: Siddha treatment is based on complete physical examination of the patient, Naadi diagnosis, and other diagnostic criteria of the disease. The content given in this article is purely meant for information and education purpose only. Kindly consult a Siddha physician before any sort of self medication.