Plant name : Easwaramooli or Garudakodi
“A divine herb which can fight against any poisonous bite”
Botanical name : Aristolochia indica
Family : Aristolochiaceae
Actions : Antidote, Abortifacient, Stimulant, Emmenogogue, Blood purifier.
Siddha Medicinal Uses :
- For poisonous bites of snakes, the leaves are ground well and applied or rubbed well over the bitten area. Also 10-20 ml of leaf juice is given with pepper powder internally for 6-7 times daily.
- The juice of the samoolam is given in the dose of 5-10 ml and given daily thrice a day for fever, diarrhoea, swellings etc.
- The dried leaf powder can be given in dose of 2-4 grams twice daily for poisonous bites, diarrhoea, fever, heart diseases, aneamia, skin diseases like scabies, and dropsy conditions.
- The leaf juice is the best medicine for all sort of toxic bites.
- The root powder is given in dose of 1 gram for toxicities, vatha diseases, bronchial asthma, cough and fever.