Plant name : Vazhai
“It is commonly available. All parts are Medicinal too”.
Botanical name : Musa paradisiaca
Family : Musaceae
Actions : Astringent, Refrigerant, Nutritive, Diuretic, Laxative.
Siddha Medicinal Uses :
- For Menorrhagia, a Siddha Medicine called VaazhaiPoo Vadakam is found very effective when administered twice a day.
- The flower can be crushed well and fried with castor oil, this can be used for formentation in the extremeties for complaints like burning sensation. It can also be used as a bandage.
- Tender Banana is helpful for bleeding piles, abdominal dissorders and Intestinal ulcers.
- Banana as a fruit is a good Laxative, Refrigerant, Nutritive, Diuretic.
- It is good to eat food in Plantain leaf as it helps to treat Indigestion, body heat and also increases libido.
- The roots of Plantain is crushed well and the liquid extract can be used for bandaging over traumatic swellings.
- The juice of the stem of Plantain can be given twice a day to the patients suffering from Polyurea.
Note: Siddha treatment is based on complete physical examination of the patient, Naadi diagnosis, and other diagnostic criteria of the disease. The content given in this article is purely meant for information and education purpose only. Kindly consult a Siddha physician before any sort of self medication.