Plant name : Kaattuvengayam or Narivengayam
“An effective Siddha remedy for Cough, Bronchial ailments, Piles, Fistula etc.”
Botanical name : Urginea indica
Family : Liliaceae
Actions : Diuretic, Deobstruent, Expectorant.
Siddha Medicinal Uses :
- The decoction prepared with the bulb of this plant is given in the conditions like ascitis. It acts as a potent diuretic.
- In the conditions like corn foot the heat application or fomentation with the bulb in and around the affected area is helpful.
- The juice of the bulb is given in the dose of 5 – 10 ml with palm jaggery in the conditions like continous cough, bronchial ailments.
- The paste of the bulb is applied over the soles before sleep to reduce burning sensation of the body and eyes.
- Intake of bulb or dried powder of bulb regularly is helpful in the conditions like piles and fistula.
Note: Siddha treatment is based on complete physical examination of the patient, Naadi diagnosis, and other diagnostic criteria of the disease. The content given in this article is purely meant for information and education purpose only. Kindly consult a Siddha physician before any sort of self medication.