With advancement of science and technology today offices, institutes and individuals are dependent on computers and electronic gadgets for different types of works, jobs and business. According to a study, an IT professional spends nearly 18 hours in front of a monitor. This is just more than half of a day. Constant viewing of LCD, LED screens, CRT’s, TV etc can cause serious health hazards especially constant headache, eyestrain and visual problems. Here are some simple tips how one can overcome these problems and minimize these health issues to keep themselves active during and after the work.
- Eye Exercise : Blink continuously for 3 seconds. Move the eyeballs up & down, side to side.
- Close your eyes, rest your palm over closed eyes for a few seconds.
- Rotate neck & head – 3 times outstretched, forward & backward & 3 times clockwise and anti-clockwise direction.
- Apply cool compress on eye to give them rest.
- Gentle neck, head & shoulder massage after work.
- Take a break of 20 minutes when needed & do eye & neck exercises for 5 minutes each & palm the eyes for 5 to 10 minutes.