Plant name : Para
“This medicinal plant is an excellent wound healer and very effective for skin infections”
Botanical name : Cyclea peltata
Family : Menispermaceae
Actions : Anti-hypertensive, Anti-inflammatory, Blood purifier, Anti allergic.
Siddha Medicinal Uses :
- The paste of roots and leaves is applied over wound, skin infections like pruritis, snake bites etc.
- For head ache, the juice of the roots can be applied as nasal drops.
- For poisonous bites, skin infections, wound and ulcer, urinary complaints like cystitis and urinary obstruction the 25 grams of root powder is added to 200 ml of water, boiled and reduced to 50 ml. 25 to 30 ml of this decoction is given twice daily and is a very efective remedy for the above problems.
- The roots are mashed with butter milk and given for diarrhoea.
- The decoction of the root is also administered in haemorrhoids, and digestive problems.
- The roots have Anti-inflammatory action, so helpful to cure edema.
Note: Siddha treatment is based on complete physical examination of the patient, Naadi diagnosis, and other diagnostic criteria of the disease. The content given in this article is purely meant for information and education purpose only. Kindly consult a Siddha physician before any sort of self medication.