Mid day Sun rays UVA is harmful for the body as it may lead to premature ageing, skin cancer, heat stroke etc. Sun rays may produce long lasting and irreversible damage to the skin. Healthy foods rich in Anti-oxidants should be the prime priority to make our skin healthy and young. The summer is ON and this is the right time to focus on right food to protect ourselves from hard Sun rays
Some foods which should be taken during summer and prevent Sunburn are listed below :
- Carotene containing foods : Found in fruits and vegetables like Sweet potato, Carrots, Pumpkin, Mango, Apricot etc. Beta carotene is a Anti-oxidant which prevents ageing and degenerative changes in skin especially due to rays. It also has Anti-carcinogenic properties.
- Lycopene containing foods : Found in red vegetables and fruits like Tomatoes, Watermelon, Beetroot which delays ageing of the skin and keeps it healthy and young.
- Green leafy vegetables : Vegetables like Spinach, Kale, etc are rich in Xanthophils which has negative effect against UVB rays. It also fights against skin cancer.
- Broccoli : Rich in Anti-oxidants called Sulphoraphane which protects the body against Ultraviolet radiation.
- Omega 3 fatty acids containing foods : Found in oily fishes like Salmon, Tuna and Green leafy vegetables etc, this component helps to reduce risk of inflammation and melanoma, skin cancer and damage of skin due to sunburn.
- Vitamin C : Vitamin C containing foods like Papaya, Citrus fruits like lemon and orange, berries, guava, kiwis etc prevents premature ageing and ward off skin cancer.
- Water : Keeps the skin hydrated, retain natural moisture content (NMC) and proetct the skin from ahrsh environment.
Eat these superfoods and get the benefits of natural sunscreen gifted by nature. Stay fit and keep healthy.