Plant name : Poonaikkali
“It contains Natural Dopamine. A Natural remedy for Parkinsonism and Male Infertility.”
Botanical name : Macuna pruriens
Family : Leguminaceae
Actions : Astringent, Nervine tonic, Aphrodisiac, Vermifuge.
Siddha Medicinal Uses :
- The seeds are dried well and then powdered. Half to one gram of this powder is given twice daily to cure leucorrhoea, venerial diseases. It is a very potent Aphrodisiac.
- The seeds are boiled in cows milk, after the milk gets completely evaporated it is dried, powdered and mixed with two parts of sugar. This can be given with ghee or honey twice daily to cure venerial diseases and vatham.
- The decoction of the roots are administered for cholera, fever.
- The root paste is applied externally over inflammations.
- The powder of seeds along with the powder of Tribulus terrestris is given in equal quantity the dose of 1 to 2 grams two times for renal problems. It also acts as an Aphrodisiac.
- A Siddha preparation called Poonaikkali choornam is administered in the dose of 1 to 3 grams daily twice to cure Parkinsonism and Male Infertility. This plant contains Natural Dopamine. Also it is highly potent Aphrodisiac. It helps to increase sexual desire, libido, sperm count and quality of semen.
Note: Siddha treatment is based on complete physical examination of the patient, Naadi diagnosis, and other diagnostic criteria of the disease. The content given in this article is purely meant for information and education purpose only. Kindly consult a Siddha physician before any sort of self medication.