Guava is one of the most affordable, delicious and easily available fruit. Known as Peru, Koyya, Amrood in various areas of India, this humble fruit is healthy and highly medicinal. Leaves, roots, flowers and bark of this perennial tree are medicinal too.
Nutrition content : Rich in Viamin A, Vitamin C, Viatmin B group, Manganese, Copper, Folate .Potassium, Phosphorus, Calcium, Magnesium, dietery fibers, tannins, flavanoids, Carotenoids, Lectins, Eugenols, essential oils, Antioxidants etc.
Top 20 Medicinal Uses of Guava :
- Vitamin C content in guava fruit is three times than that of a Orange fruit and this quantity increases as the fruit matures.
- One of the most powerful antioxidants. Mature, red and fleshy Guavas are richer source of antioxidants than the yellow- green ones.
- Pink Guavas contain twice the amount of ‘lycopene’ than tomotoes, hence protects against prostate cancer and fights skin damage by UV rays.
- Rich in Vitamin B group helps to improve brain functions.
- Rich in carotenoids, flavanoids, lectins, eugenol, essential oils and dietery fibres called pectins.
- Suitable to prevent Anaemia as high Vitamin C content improves absorption of Iron in the body.
- Helps in managing blood sugar level as ‘quercetin’, a flavanoid present in guavas possess hypoglycemic activity.
- Vitamin A rich, improves vision and eye health.
- Rich in folate, helps to tackle fertility related problems in female.
- Contains copper, helpful in maintaining a healthy thyroid function.
- Fruits are good source of fiber, helpful in managing constipation due to Laxative action.
- Balanced sugar and low calorie content makes it suitable for Obese and Overweight people.
- ‘Plant sterol’, an antioxidant present in guavas reduces bad cholesterol and improves good cholesterol.
- One of the highly reccomended Anti- Ageing diets. Intake of guavas help to improve skin firmness and flexibility and prevents sagging of skin.
- Guavas are good to take during fever and respiratory illness. High Vitamin C content helps provide immunity. Also possess Antipyretic action.
- High potassium level like bananas help to regulate Blood Pressure and reduce cholesterol.
- Infusion of guava leaves is a home remedy for diarrhoea, intestinal worms and dysmenorrhoea.
- Young leaves can be chewed to manage dental problems like bad breath, tooth ache, bleeding gums.
- Leaves and fruits are good to manage respiratory ailments, cough, sore-throat.
- Healthy fruit to treat and prevent heart diseases.
Guavas are one of the most healthiest fruits. So next time don’t forget to include guava in your diet plan to make it more healthy, nutritious and balanced. Stay fit and Keep Healthy.