Plant name : Paruthi
“A Natural remedy for Rhuematic ailments, Diarrhoea. It helps to improve milk secreation also.”
Botanical name : Gossypium arboreum
Family : Malvaceae
Actions : Anti-vatha, Febrifuge, Coolant.
Siddha Medicinal Uses :
- The decoction of the dried leaves is given for Diarrhoea, and Dysentry.
- The paste of leaves when externally applied helps in ripening of the ulcers.
- One palam (35 grams) of leaf juice is given with cows milk for diarrhoea, piles, leucorrhoea.
- The paste of the leaves is applied over all types of ulcers for quick healing.
- The juice of the young fruit is instilled as one to two drops in each ear for purulent discharge from the ears.
- The root with gruel water is ground and taken internally for increasing the milk secreation.
- The dried seeds are powdered and taken along with milk to increase the body weight.
Note: Siddha treatment is based on complete physical examination of the patient, Naadi diagnosis, and other diagnostic criteria of the disease. The content given in this article is purely meant for information and education purpose only. Kindly consult a Siddha physician before any sort of self medication.