Plant name : Nannari
“This medicinal plant is an excellent diuretic so used against urinary infections”
Botanical name : Hemidesmus indicus
Family : Asclepiadaceae
Actions : Anti-syphilitic, Diuretic, Diaphoretic, Tonic, Galactogogue, Antidiarrhoeal, Febrifuge, Alterative
Siddha Medicinal Uses :
- For urinary problems like oliguria and BPH, The dried powder of the root is given along with milk.
- The conditions like skin infections, blood impurity, syphillis, leprosy etc can be controlled by regular intake of the root powder in dose of 3 to 6 gms twice daily along with decoction of this plant.
- The juice of the roots can be applied as eye drops for burning sensation of the eyes.
- The roots can be cooked and taken, It is helpful for increased body heat and venerial diseases.
- The root of the plant can be prepared as decoction for fever, urinary infections.
- The root powder can also be administered for dysentry, leucoderma and piles etc.
Note: Siddha treatment is based on complete physical examination of the patient, Naadi diagnosis, and other diagnostic criteria of the disease. The content given in this article is purely meant for information and education purpose only. Kindly consult a Siddha physician before any sort of self medication.