Plant name : Neichatti
“An Excellent Siddha remedy for fever”
Botanical name : Vernonia cinerea
Family : Compositae
Actions : Diaphoretic, Alterative, Anthelmintic, Antispasmodic, Antidote.
Siddha Medicinal Uses :
- The samoolam is crushed well, eight parts of water added and boiled to 1/4 parts. 23 to 30 ml of this decoction is good to cure fever.
- The juice of flowers is helpful in conditions like red eye as an external drop.
- The decoction of the roots are helpful to cure swellings and inflammations of the body.
- The decoction of the seeds are helpful in skin infections.
- The decoction of the samoolam is given regularly for scorpion bite and obstruction in urination.
Note: Siddha treatment is based on complete physical examination of the patient, Naadi diagnosis, and other diagnostic criteria of the disease. The content given in this article is purely meant for information and education purpose only. Kindly consult a Siddha physician before any sort of self medication.