Plant name : Isangu
” The leaves of this medicinal plant is used for all sorts of fever, muscular pain and stiffness.”
Botanical name : Clerodendrum inerme
Family : Verbenaceae
Actions : Febrifuge, Alterative, Anti-periodic, Tonic.
Siddha Medicinal Uses :
- To 1 part of leaves, 8 parts of water is added, decoction is prepared and given in dose of 40-60ml for all types of fever including remittent and intermittent fevers.
- The juice of leaves can be given internally in the dose of 5-20ml for all muscular pains and stiffness even seen in tetany. It also strengthens the body.
- A decoction of roots is given for venerial diseases.
- Oil prepared from roots can be used externally for all vatha diseases or arthritis.
- The powder of dried roots can be given internally in dose of 1 to 2 gm for toxicities, skin ailments like scabies, fever etc.
Note: Siddha treatment is based on complete physical examination of the patient, Naadi diagnosis, and other diagnostic criteria of the disease. The content given in this article is purely meant for information and education purpose only. Kindly consult a Siddha physician before any sort of self medication.