Plant name : Keezhkainelli
“An excellent Hepato-protective herb”
Botanical name : Phylanthus niruri
Family : Euphorbiaceae
Actions : Hepato-protective, Diuretic, Anti-pyretic, Anti-spasmodic.
Siddha Medicinal Uses :
- The leaves are ground along with salt and applied over skin diseases like scabies.
- For jaundice, the juice of samoolam of this plant is given in the dose of 10-20ml three times daily.
- For jaundice the fresh root (10 grams) is ground and given along with freshly drawn milk. This medicine is taken early morning and very effectively cures this disease.
- The juice of samoolam is given in the dose of 45-50ml early morning for gonorrhoea, leucorrhoa, menorrhagia, and other urinary complaints.
- The samoolam is crushed, boiled in water and prepared as decoction. This is very effective for diabetes and chest pain.
- The decoction prepared from leaves and roots is used for gargling for aphthous ulcers.
- The dried powder of the plant is prepared into a paste along with gruel water and applied over ulcers and wounds.
Note: Siddha treatment is based on complete physical examination of the patient, Naadi diagnosis, and other diagnostic criteria of the disease. The content given in this article is purely meant for information and education purpose only. Kindly consult a Siddha physician before any sort of self medication.