Plant name : Kanchori
“A Herbal remedy for Vatham, Pitham and Kapham disorders.”
Botanical name : Tragia involucrata
Family : Euphorbiaceae
Actions : Diaphoretic, Blood purifier, Anti-vatha, Anti-asthmatic.
Siddha Medicinal Uses :
- The decoction prepared by the roots is given in the diseases like fever bronchial ailments, cough etc.
- The roots of this plant along with Turmeric and Oscimum leaves or Tulsi is made into paste and applied over skin infections like pruritis scabies etc.
- The paste of fruits is applied for excessive hair loss.
- Decoction of samoolam is a good blood purifier and it can be administered along with ghee or milk for vertigo.
- The decoction of samoolam along with Trikadugu choornam is effective for Respiratory ailments.
Note: Siddha treatment is based on complete physical examination of the patient, Naadi diagnosis, and other diagnostic criteria of the disease. The content given in this article is purely meant for information and education purpose only. Kindly consult a Siddha physician before any sort of self medication.