Plant name : Poovarasu
“All parts of this tree are medicinal. Especially good for skin diseases”
Botanical name : Thespesia populnea
Family : Malvaceae
Actions : Depurative, Anthelmintic, Astringent.
Siddha Medicinal Uses :
- The leaves of this tree are made into a paste and applied as a bandage over inflammations.
- Paste of flowers is applied over skin diseases like pruritis and scabies.
- The oil prepared by the leaves and castor oil is applied over the painful areas and inflammations.
- The milky secretion of the fruit is applied over skin diseases.
- The paste of the bark is applied externally over leucoderma and other skin infections.
- The decoction prepared by the bark is given internally for toxic conditions, ascites and inflammations.
- The decoction prepared by the roots is a good tonic for the body.
Note: Siddha treatment is based on complete physical examination of the patient, Naadi diagnosis, and other diagnostic criteria of the disease. The content given in this article is purely meant for information and education purpose only. Kindly consult a Siddha physician before any sort of self medication.